LATEST GAMING HEADPHONES TO USE FOR STREAMING
A good headphones allows you to experience the immersive joy of your gaming experience on streaming platforms such as Twitch, YouTube, and Mixer.
As a streamer, you usually have some equipment aside from headphones like Mixer or audio interface either for gaming or not. Some of the headphones usually come with a decent headphone amp jack or a USB Mic. In addition it also comes with two different designs which are the “semi-open” and the “open-back”.
Semi-open allows some sound to pass through and the “spatial sound” is much more intuitive. For example, the sound that comes from the right, is coming from the right. In short, you can easily notice where the sound came from. However, the sound will still leak downward where people around you can hear what you hear.
Open back takes it to a new level, further enhancing the spatial sound stage, but they are essentially two-way speakers. For gaming, if you have no worries about leaking sound. However for streaming, it depends. The big drawback is that your mic might pick up that leaked sound and introduce some echo.
Here are some of the latest gaming headphones that you might consider:
- Gaming grade 2.4GHz wireless connection, with up to 30 hours of battery life
- Signature HyperX comfort and immersive in game audio
- Durable, adjustable steel slider
- PC, PS4, and PS4 Pro ready
- 90° rotating ear cups with LED lighting effects
- Intuitive on board audio and mic controls
- Detachable noise cancellation microphone – microphone engineered to function only when in wireless mode and only on PC and PS4
- 7.1 Virtual surround (though we prefer it off in most cases.)
- Game balance/Chat Balance buttons
- Audio quality is fairly good with a wide frequency response: 13-27000 HzBear in mind, you won’t hear past 20,000 Hz, but you’ll feel it.
In Particular, the HyperX Cloud Alpha S has some features that imitate the more expensive options that involve a Hardware Mixer, such as an audio balance toggle switch. However, this is not a perfect substitute for faders and still recommended to have.
It has solid wireless connection and 30-hour battery life which allows you to keep your gaming sessions on your PC, PS4, and PS4 Pro going for longer. As it will keep you comfortable even during long, late-night gaming sessions caused by memory foam ear cushions and adjustable steel sliders.
In addition this headphone has a weight of under 275 grams meaning it won’t put too much heft on the neck and head for long lasting gaming. And, the ear cups can rotate allowing users to find the best fit for them.
- NOISE-CANCELING MICROPHONE – The flexible boom arm easily adjusts for best voice pick-up positioning and the microphone design minimizes background noise for acoustic clarity and crystal-clear communication.
- OPEN ACOUSTICS – The classic high-end open acoustic gaming headset is designed for extremely natural, spatial sound. It delivers sonically accurate hifi audio that reveals the details and dynamic realism of the game’s audio for better game performance.
- QUICK VOLUME ADJUSTING – An integrated volume control is built into the right ear cup of the Game One headset for on-the-fly adjustments.
- VERSATILE COMPATIBILITY – GAME ONE has exchangeable cables allowing compatibility with multiple platforms such as PC, Mac, consoles, mobiles and tablets that feature a 3.5 millimeter jack input.
- SIGNATURE SOUND DYNAMICS -Engineered for incredibly natural and accurate, high fidelity sound, the proprietary speaker system delivers the bass extension balanced with the other frequencies to deliver extreme acoustic clarity
The GAME ONE open acoustic gaming headset features extremely accurate, yet natural spatial audio. In detail. It weighs 1.3 pounds, this gaming headset from Sennheiser features plush velvet-covered earpads. However, the ear pads are oversized that gives enough s[ace for the ear to breathe. The open back design of the headset can also keep users cool even after long hours of playing. And to keep it cool while delivering extreme sonic clarity and accuracy.
This headset is compatible with other multiple platforms like PC, Mac and mobile phones with 3.5mm jack input.
Get some ideas for your unique gaming setup.
- Lightweight headset (275 gram) with 90-degree rotating ear cups provide a snug fit that conforms to your head
- 50 millimeter directional drivers for audio precision — enjoy the full audioscape of your favorite games
- HyperX signature memory foam provides maximum comfort during extended use
- Adjustable steel slider for a solid and long lasting sturdy feel
- Intuitive volume control on headset ear cup
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation microphone so you’ll always know when you’re muted
HyperX Cloud Stinger is perfect for streamers and gamers who are looking for an affordable but high-quality headset.
It has a pleasing weight and the plastic materials have a matte coating that lends an air of sophistication and does not feel cheap. The microphone and headset cable are for all time joined to the cleared out earcup. The mic sits at the left side of an adaptable elastic boom, which you’ll be able to swivel up to quiet the mic. The 4.5-foot headset cable ends in a 3.5mm plug, so it works with PCs, PS4, Xbox One, and portable gadgets. HyperX too incorporates a 3.5-foot expansion cable that has two 3.5mm plugs to utilize with PCs that have isolated earphone and microphone jacks.
But the Cloud Stinger was merely average; my voice sounded a bit muddy with the high frequencies lacking.
- Dual Wireless technology provides rock solid,
- Premium Hi Res speakers with high density neodymium magnets
- Luxurious lightweight steel and aluminum alloy construction offers maximum durability and a consistent fit. Headphone sensitivity:102 dB SPL
- 2 included swappable batteries
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation; Refer to the PDF attached below in technical specification for user guide
- Connectivity technology: Wireless, Bluetooth. Microphone frequency response-100–10,000 Hz. Microphone polar pattern-bidirectional noise-canceling
- Included components: Arctis Pro Wireless Headset; Transmitter Base Station; Usb Audio Cable; Toslink Optical Cable; Mobile Audio Cable; Mobile Charging Cable; Microphone Windscreen
The Arctis Pro holds the some Danish styles of the first Arctis headsets, as well as highlights just like the ski goggle suspension headband, the retractable ClearCast amplifier, and the on-headset controls. But numerous other components have been lifted for the Pro models.
It is 2.4 grams wireless lossless audio for gaming, combined with Bluetooth connectivity for mobile devices. As it was built to reproduce a full, expansive frequency range from 10 to 40,000 hertz with stunning realism and clarity. In addition, it allows you to charge a battery in the base station, while using the other for more than 20 hours of gaming.
- Frequency Response – 5 – 24,000 Hz and Impedance – 16 ohms
- Circumaural, premium headphones for music enjoyment at home and to go
- Neutral highs and bass tones and excellent spatial reproduction
- Optimum wearing comfort, even when enjoying music for several hours
- Made in Germany
And last but not the least, is the Beyerdynamic DT 880’s and it is quite possibly the best option for streamers and content creators who deal with audio.
This is a semi-open headphones that weaken the surrounding noise, however, convey a harmonious sound experience. The bass production penetrates just right. The ear pads are very light for their size to ensure pleasant fit an keep your ear cool and comfy.
Consider these factors in choosing the best headphones
- Compatibility with your gaming platform
- Sound Quality and Closed Headset Design
- Microphone Quality
- Visual Design